Monday, March 9, 2015

Creative Ideas - Bulletin Board Border Games




Have you ever used a bulletin board border to make a game board?  This is one idea I have shared with teachers in my workshops for a long time.  

One of my favorite things to do is to brainstorm ideas for activities for teachers to use in the classroom.  I will be posting new ideas as often as I can.  Please let me know if you are looking for a creative idea to teach something.



Materials Needed:   a strip of bulletin board border with pictures on it, such as fish, stars, bugs, etc., glue, and a piece of 12 x 18 construction paper.

Directions:  Cut the bulletin board border so that each section has a fish, a star, or a bug.  Glue them down on the construction paper to look like a maze.  Draw lines between each picture going from left to right on the game board.  Write the word START at the beginning and the word FINISH at the end.  Students will answer questions from flash cards to move their marker one picture at a time.

You could also glue the pictures on the construction paper to be a Cover All where students answer a flash card question and put their color of game marker on the board on any of the pictures when they get the answer correct.  The student who has the most pictures covered at the end of the game wins.  In this case there would be no lines between the pictures.

I like generic games because I can use them with any grade or skill.

Have fun creating game boards with your old bulletin board borders.

No comments :

Post a Comment